20 August 2011

heartstrings

College days are approaching exceedingly fast. I'm moving into my dorm next week. I can't believe this is actually going to happen. I am going away for college, away from my parents, away from New York City. My tight-knit group of friends from high school are all moving away for college--MICA, Pratt Institute, SUNY Purchase.  High school has gone by so fast. My closet was just renovated and I will only have exactly one week to enjoy it. I've already told my mother not to invade my parts of my closet. There is a piece of my heart touched with sadness. The rest doesn't know what to feel or expect. 
There are several groups on Facebook book made by incoming Freshman from my school. Everyone makes such a huge effort to connect beforehand. It makes me feel welcomed and happy. There is one particular group that makes me very excited. Almost fifty freshman girls banned together creating a "gym posse." How rad is that? There is so much talk about mountain biking, rock climbing, snowboarding/skiing, white water rafting, hiking, and the list goes on. It is so wonderful to see so many peers excited about maintaining healthy lifestyles. This is such a great opportunity to participate in such outdoorsy activities. Maybe I'll buy another pair of sneakers.

Make Yourself Athlete via Nike Facebook

No comments: