22 April 2011

Where has the time gone?

Today, I was browsing through the many blogs I follow on bloglovin' and I stopped to read Jayne's newest post. One line really stood out, "It's a quarter through 2011 and I'm still wondering what happened to 2010". Immediately the thought, "where has the time gone?" popped up. Twenty-ten was one of the best years of my life. For once, my summer vacation had gone smoothly. I went to the beach a few times, drew a lot of pictures, enjoyed the sun and temperature (even the heat wave), and read a few books. Before I knew, it was September and I was in my senior year of high school.
Now, it's coming to a close. Just last month, I was managing one of the senior art shows, while working on my own. A little before that, I was still running around like a beheaded chicken, tying up loose ends in my college applications and applying for financial aid. It is all past now. There are many things to look forward to, but there is a part of me that fears adulthood. In a week, I will have made up my mind of where I'm going to college. In two weeks, I will turn eighteen. In a month, hopefully, I will be partying it up at prom. In a month and a half, I will be sitting in Alice Tully hall, in Lincoln Center, waiting for my name to be called to receive my high school diploma. In two months, I will be vacationing in Taiwan with my one of my best friends. Finally, in five months, I'll be attending college. BUT Where has the time gone? Am I having an adolescent-life crisis?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

♥Nice post.) Love your blog.))♥

Unknown said...

crazy. where has time gone indeed?! i'm going to be a senior next year, and when everyone told me junior year was a long and difficult year they were wrong.. it's passing right before my eyes!
and how fun that you're going to taiwan for vacation! i haven't been in years ;(

xx

Carolyn said...

yeah time flies.. :/

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

We.are.already.half.way.through.summer.

UGH!